Who We Are:
The Cuckoo's Theater is committed to producing works that strive to expose the dark reality of human nature. We create provocative new experiences that examines the intricacies of life, celebrates diverse voices, and fosters reflective dialogue, in order to serve our community through the magic of theater as we all navigate the struggles of life. We, the Cuckoo's Theatre, will always find the light in the darkness, with the goal of creating a brighter future.
The Cuckoo's Theater Project is an Illinois 501(c)3 not-for-profit arts organization.
Donations to the company are always graciously accepted.
"Light is creation. Darkness is the space necessary to create"
-Erica Jasmin Cartaya
Formerly named The Cuckoo’s Theater Project (TCTP) was created
in early 2014 in collaboration with Artistic Director Marc James,
Financial Advisor Bart O'Toole and Chicago Actors
Aiyanna Wade and Tyler Drew Clayton.
"Mr. Marmalade" was TCTP’s first production.
Mr. Marmalade (2014) featuring Former Company Members Aiyanna Wade and Seth Lilly
1. To produce thought-provoking theatre that seeks to find the light in the darkness.
2. To create a safe space for all artists where they can grow in their craft and feel free to push themselves out of their comfort zones.
3. To create a theatre company for all people, regardless of artistic background, education, race, disabilities, sexual identity, or gender identity.
4. To create a resident company of artists that represent Cuckoo’s Theater ideals and work ethic.
5. To collaborate with as many different artists as possible. In doing so, we seek to learn from others and gain new insight into our own work.
“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
-Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter)
The Glass Menagerie (2015) featuring former company members Richard Costes
and Amber Olivier